OnBoard is an RYA sponsored "learn to sail" programme and its happening right here in one of the country's leading sailing clubs at Axbridge. It has one simple aim for everyone to enjoy sailing and windsurfing and experience the benefits.
It's a fun, engaging and enjoyable experience offering a pathway to a life long passion that encourages people to flourish in many ways. Its challenges demand self discipline and develop self confidence.
It offers a carefully structured package of 11 two hour sessions for schools colleges and youth groups with affordable high quality tuition from experienced and qualified instructors
- It counts towards PE attainments in Outdoor and Adventurous activities key Stage 3 & 4
- For ages from 8 to 18
It's safe. Safety is of paramount importance.
- Its approved and accredited by the sports governing body The Royal Yachting Association
- It is Licensed by the Adventure Activities Licensing Authority
- Providing safety boat cover; buoyancy aids, wet suits and RYA instruction from RYA qualified instructors
- With !5 years teaching experience at the Sailing Club - BCYC and very well defined and effective safety procedures to minimise the very occasional knock or bump that may occur
It's simple to join
- Bring two members of staff who will have an opportunity to learn to sail and are willing to help.
- Bring 6 - 12 students (maximum 6 per instructor) who are comfortable in the water, with towel, shoes that can be got wet and an extra fleece for warmth off the water.
Please contact David Ing for further details